Saturday, 4 October 2014

Budget Beauty: Skincare


I am a big believer that beauty products don't need to cost a lot of money to be effective, so am always on the hunt for good products that are kind to my purse as well as my skin. I think I've found a pretty effective combination of products that doesn't cripple me financially but still work wonders.

This is also important to me as I like to avoid wearing foundation as much as possible while still having nice looking skin:

Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Foaming Face Wash



I absolutely love the boots own tea tree and witch hazel range it combats spots really affectively, gives your skin a nice tingly feeling and doesn't feel like your just dowsing your skin with really strong chemicals. This face wash is brilliant in the morning for helping to wake you up and refresh your skin. It's so easy to use, which is good when you've just woken up and aren't really with it plus you get loads in the bottle so it lasts for ages.

Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Exfoliating Pads


I've always preferred exfoliating pads to the exfoliating face washes as I feel like you end up using a lot less. Again the tea tree and witch hazel means the product is brilliant for fighting spots and keeping your skin clear but these are also a really thorough exfoliant.

Simple hydrating light moisturizer

I am incredibly picky when it comes to moisturizer, I hate the heavy feeling your left with when using some but I also dislike the 'light moisturizer' that isn't really doing anything but making your face a bit sticky for a while. For me this is a god send. I get very dry skin especially in cold weather and this stuff is amazingly nice to put on, it doesn't feel heavy or sticky but makes your skin feel really hydrated. (Plus the statement that the feeling lasts 12 hours is no exaggeration.) I genuinely don't know what I would do skin wise without this stuff on my shelf.

Boots Simply Sensitive Cleansing Lotion

This stuff is amazing and ridiculously cheap. It removes excess dirt and make up but as it's from their sensitive skin range feels wonderful to use. I don't think of my skin as sensitive but it can be very temperamental however this stuff works wonders.

So those are my favourite skincare products that won't break the bank, has anyone else had any experience with these products or do you recommend anything different? If so please let me know in the comments as I would absolutely love to hear your opinion.

I hope you all have an amazing day! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment