Monday, 6 October 2014

Growing Out a Pixie Cut Gracefully


At the beginning of this year I had hair down to my waist, then I suddenly decided to cut it all off to look like this:


I kept it like this for a while but now I'm missing having lots of hair to play with so have decided to grow it out. I've been indecisive about this for a while because it means I'm now at the beginning of the dreaded awkward stage:


It doesn't look like a lot of growth but it's starting to grow over my ears and the layers are getting to irritating lengths so I've been doing endless Google-ing into how to get through the awkward stages without looking a mess.

Here's what I've been doing to keep my hair under control. . .

Keep it healthy: Hair masks and good quality conditioners are most definitely your friend. The healthier and stronger your hair is the better it will grow.

Use hair accessories: Hair bands, flowery hairpins, anything that appeals to you. Just because you don't have much of it doesn't mean your hair can't be filled with pretty things too! (They also help in holding down any awkward bits that now stick out in the wrong direction)

I enjoy making my own flower hair grips out of scraps of fabric that I then embroider, that way I have something completely unique but there are endless options out there.







Keep the back trimmed: Avoid the dreaded mullet by keeping the back trimmed so the length can even out. Also make sure to get split ends cut off so your hair stays nice and silkily!

Use Product to keep it controlled: I use G2B Powderful which is normally used for adding volume but also gives a really lightweight hold. You literally need a pinch of it as a little goes a really long way and it stays in all day. It's a bit odd to get used to but I find it so much nicer then hairspray or wax.


If anyone else has any interesting tips on how to grow your hair gracefully then please share in the comments! xx


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips! I love short hair and I think the blue looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it's a bit faded now but hopefully I'll get round to re dying it soon :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, how fun is your cool blue hair?! I wish I had the guts to do something awesome like that!

    xo,
    Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.com

    ReplyDelete