Friday, 17 October 2014

If I Could Talk To 14 Year Old Me


I think we've all thought about this at some point, what would we say to our younger selves? What advice would you give? Here are some of the things I would say:

You look fine: Of course you don't look like the girls in the magazines they're older then you and airbrushed beyond belief. That isn't what they look like either.

Your parents don't hate you: They love you, they're protecting you and really do know more about the world...they've been on it longer...basic logic there.

The bullies are not better then you: They're the only ones saying they are but trust me I've seen how they turn out don't try to be like them.

Stop trying to change yourself: You are not weird, you do not need to change who you are.

Do your god damn homework: Seriously, I know it sucks but just do it.

No matter what anyone says, you can be whoever you want to be. Don't let it take four more years to figure that out, don't let people drag you down. You really can be whoever and whatever you want, just take the leap.

So that is what I would say if I could meet 14 year old me, what would you say?

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I would probably 14 year old me that the puppy fat will go away and any boys she meets in 2011 are not to be spoken to hahahaha. I'd also probably tell her the answers to exams haha anyway I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award here's the info http://petiteerin.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/one-lovely-blog-award-giveaway.html
    :) Erin X

    ReplyDelete