Tuesday, 28 October 2014

The Difference Between Dreaming & Doing


There are so many motivational speeches out there about how it's important to have dreams. Which is true, all these posters about 'dreaming big' and 'you can achieve anything if you just believe' are completely true. However I think people have a tendency to dream their hearts out, they write about their dreams, stare at the sky and talk wistfully to their friends about things they wish they could do. . .but never start doing. (I have been so incredibly guilty of this.)



But if you think about it the really successful people in the world didn't just sit there and dream, they went out and did things. They took the long and tortuously uninteresting steps they needed to take. That's the important thing. It's important to have dreams - to aim as high as you want to in life. However I think a lot of us get wrapped up in the dreaming about how wonderful it will be and the planning of it all but never actually do anything about getting to that point. One-day we all need to stop imagining and start doing. Even if that means we spend years slaving away, failing to quite reach it, those are the steps you have to take if you want to stop imagining and start actually living your dream.

When my house is finished this is the motivational quote I plan to have in my room:


Because that's the whole point of dreams, they give you something to strive for - but dreams don't come true just because you dream them.

What are your dreams? Do you suffer from the same thing I do of lots of dreaming but not much doing? I hope you're all having a wonderful day (: x

2 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the Sisterhood of The World Bloggers Award! check out my blog for details! xo

    thebeautyideal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, SO true! Keep on pushing, Amber!

    xo,
    Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.com

    ReplyDelete